1. Tap the share icon in top right corner:
This brings up the export menu:
2. Select what you want to export:
- PDF: The original PDF file (including annotations)
- Notes: Your notes as a file
- Open Notes in App..: Your notes directly to another app
3. Select destination:
If you select “Notes”, you have to choose a file format in the next step:
The file formats are:
To understand what information is included in the different file formats see here.
After selecting the file format, Highlights will bring up the system share sheet and you can choose where to send your Notes.
Open Notes in App
If you select “Open Notes in App..”, you have to choose your app of choice in the next step:
The apps include:
To see what export features are compatible with what app, see here.
After selecting the app, Highlights will save the note to that app (if it is installed) and send you there.
For free users of Highlights, PDF will be the only enabled option in the export menu. To get the full menu you need to unlock the Pro features first.